Welcome to badge.team wiki for all info on badge.team compatible badges :). Badge.team is a project with the aim of providing a reliable off-the-shelf firmware for electronic event badges, with easy creation of MicroPython badge apps known as eggs and their deployment to end users through an app store known as the hatchery. It has its roots in the team responsible for the successful badge at the SHA2017 hacker camp in the Netherlands. Currently (Q1 2019) the badge.team firmware supports ESP32 platforms, and the team have produced firmware for three event badges with another in development.
- Disobey2019Badge released at Disobey January 2019
- HackerHotel2019Badge released at Hacker Hotel February 2019
Future badge projects
- AnOtter_Watch to be released summer 2019
Getting started with badge development
Our firmware supports apps, which we refer to as eggs. We encourage you to write your own eggs in MicroPython, and to that end we've produced some tutorials aimed at the first-time egg developer.
- Your first egg. Step-by-step, writing a simple Hello World egg.
- Egg deployment for beginers. How to connect to your badge, and put code on it.
We also have a reference for the badge-specific MicroPython functions on your badge.
It's sad to see these things become e-waste in no-time.
Who are badge.team
This is not a complete or ordered list, feel free to add yourself if you think you belong to our merry band of badge hackers :)